AW: [governance] New Security Season for the world. Freedom can wait.

Adam Peake ajp at glocom.ac.jp
Sun Oct 13 05:53:06 EDT 2013

<http://deity.gov.in/sites/upload_files/dit/files/downloads/itact2000/it_amendment_act2008.pdf>

See section 69 (page 12 of the pdf document).  "power to issue directions for interceptions or monitoring or decryption of any information through any computer resource"  Power to the central or state government to do just about anything they like.  Given Tata's global cable network and the reach of Indian ICT services companies, this seems quite interesting.

Adam