[governance] CONSENSUS CALL RESULTS Re: Draft letter text

Adam Peake ajp at glocom.ac.jp
Sun Oct 13 02:52:18 EDT 2013

The text of the letter is fine, I'm not sure of the purpose and value of sending it, but the text itself is fine.

What's incorrect is the salutation.  I'm no expert on protocol, but

"Your Excellency President Rousseff and other representatives of the, Brazilian government..." no!

Your Excellency might be correct, Madam President if following the U.S. style. But other representatives?  Who are they (why are they there?)

As others have said, from all we have seen about this initiative it is a joint proposal of Madam Rousseff and Mr. Chehadé.  This mailing list and others have been dominated this past few days by a thread "Rousseff & Chehade: Brazil will host world event on Internet governance in 2014".  The letter should be addressed to them both.  Madam Rousseff obviously first.

Adam