[governance] CONSENSUS CALL RESULTS Re: Draft letter text

Norbert Bollow nb at bollow.ch
Sun Oct 13 02:30:41 EDT 2013

[With IGC Coordinator hat on]

Dear all

Now that the deadline of the consensus call has passed, it is time to
announce the results.

With regard to the first part, this is easy: There was no opposition at
all to the proposed change of base document for the decision-making
process. So I hereby declare that part of the consensus call to have
passed.

With regard to the second part, the situation is unfortunately a bit
more complicated: While there were no formally valid consensus call
objections, opposition has been voiced in the decision-making process
thread, informally, in particular against one aspect of the draft
letter, namely that it directly addresses only the government of Brazil
and the country's president, and not also “equally” Fadi Chehadé.

I hereby accept the opposition voiced by Avri and McTim as *possibly*
having been meant in the sense of consensus call objections.

Avri and McTim, please indicate ASAP whether your opposition against
this aspect was intended as consensus call objections, and if yes,
please provide a specific proposal for how to reword the top part of
the draft letter to change the “choice of addressee(s)” aspect in a way
that would be acceptable from your perspective.

Please provide this response by 7pm UTC Oct 13, 2013 at the latest.

If at least one of Avri and McTim sustains the opposition that has been
expressed by means of stating that it was meant in the sense of a
consensus call objection, and by providing a specific corresponding
change request, I will issue a new specific consensus call for that
change request. That consensus call would be very narrow in scope: It
would not re-open any other aspect of the draft letter.

If neither Avri nor McTim proceeds as described above, I will declare
part 2 of the orginial consensus call to have passed.

Greetings,
Norbert