[governance] Choice of addressee(s) (was Re: CONSENSUS CALL Re: Draft letter text)

Norbert Bollow nb at bollow.ch
Sat Oct 12 14:23:07 EDT 2013

Michael Gurstein <gurstein at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have no objection to doing a cc: to Fadi (not exactly sure how to
> do it in this type of more formal letter but someone probably does...

I'd handle this by putting "Cc: Fadi Chehadé, ICANN" at the bottom of
the letter and emailing him a copy - together with wither the note of
appreciation from civil society for his contribution, if we choose
to take that route, or otherwise a note of appreciation signed just
by myself but noting that this sentiment of appreciation for what he
did to make this happen is widespread in civil society.

> And of course, Its normal practice in any case to cc: someone who is
> specifically mentioned in a public communication.

Yup, this is a simple matter of courtesy.

Greetings,
Norbert