[governance] CONSENSUS CALL Re: Draft letter text

Norbert Bollow nb at bollow.ch
Sat Oct 12 10:55:29 EDT 2013

Michael Gurstein <gurstein at gmail.com> wrote:

> [MG>] As per the various discussions, comments, suggestions could I
> now formally propose the following shorter text to replace the draft
> text currently under consideration

[with IGC coordinator hat on]

Thanks Michael!

I was getting a bit uneasy procedurally as it was not quite clear how
the text that consensus was apparently developing around would be
related to the formal IGC decision-making process that had been
initiated as being based on a different text (the one taken from what
was at that time the status of the etherpad).

On the basis of this proposal, I hereby issue the following two-part
consensus call:

1) Do we have consensus on using the text that Michael posted as the
basis for going forward? Any objections to this part should please state
explicitly something like "I object to part 1 of the consensus call" and
give a justification, i.e. an explanation of why for some specific
reason this text is worse than the original draft that came from the
etherpad.

2) Do we have consensus on accepting this text as-is without further
changes? Any objections to this part should please state explicitly
something like "I object to part 2 of the consensus call", and make an
explicit change request (i.e. you'd make an explicit proposal with new
text and a clear indication of where it would go, and/or what should be
deleted) and justification (i.e. and explanation why this change is in
your view necessary).

Please post any objections to either part 1 or part 2 by Sunday Oct
13 6am UTC.

Silence will be interpreted as no-objection. Explicit statements of
support will not influence this stage of the process materially, but are
nevertheless very welcome!

A full copy of the concerned proposed text follows.

Greetings,
Norbert