[governance] Blogpost: The Core Internet institutions abandon the US Government

michael gurstein gurstein at gmail.com
Sat Oct 12 10:07:24 EDT 2013

For those who haven't seen this very widely circulated blogpost from our
colleague Milton.

This provides what I think should be our understanding of how many of the
major players are understanding both the Montevideo statement and the Brazil
initiative and I believe, strongly reinforces Parminder and other's
assessment of why we should attempt to insert ourselves now rather than
later.

The world which we are attempting to help shape has shifted dramatically in
the last few days and even if some are less enthusiastic about those changes
than others (for various reasons) we need to  act or be left behind.