[governance] RE: [bestbits] Rousseff & Chehade: Brazil will host world event on Internet governance in 2014

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Fri Oct 11 12:21:42 EDT 2013

Hi Rafik

On Friday 11 October 2013 09:00 PM, Rafik Dammak wrote:
> Hi Parminder,
>
> sorry I was not asking about the draft letter but more what I
> understood from your proposal is that we move quickly  and spend time
> shorter than usual even if there are concerns .

Firstly, we can take the usual time for seeking consensus. Just not
postpone to another time... Secondly, I have not clearly heard, or any
rate understood, the concerns.

Lets be clear what we are doing at present - Just welcoming an
initiative that by all means looks like a serious outcome oriented or at
least outcome seeking one, and saying that we want to be there right
away driving it along with others.... What is wrong with it. The
potential benefit is clear - we try to get a bit tri - lateral about
this initiative.... Any other time will be too late.... And as I said I
dont see the downside....

> I want to be sure if I got you message correctly.
> I am still cautious with hurrying to write letter , I am still not
> convinced and I want to highlight that any action we take, will have
> impact soon or later and can backfire.   I don't think that you would
> disagree with more strategical approach.

You are just making a general statement that caution and foresight is
good - and with such a statement who can disagree.... But here I havent
been told the risk - and beyond  a point, just about any political act
carries risk.

Regards, parminder