[governance] LETTER DRAFTING Re: Rousseff & Chehade: Brazil will host world event on Internet governance in 2014

Norbert Bollow nb at bollow.ch
Thu Oct 10 13:06:12 EDT 2013

Update: There has been good discussion on the BestBits list on drafting
a letter that would express interest in a positive way and request that
international civil society should be included in the preparatory
process.

Michael Gurstein has volunteered to participate in creating the initial
draft and more recently I have also volunteered. I think that for
creating an initial draft, it is best for the drafting group to be
small, but it would be great to have someone from Brazil on that little
team.

Who volunteers?

Informal creation of such an initial draft will of course have to be
followed by a formal consensus process, in order for IGC to be able to
formally endorse the resulting letter.

Greetings,
Norbert