[governance] Keep cool [was: Rousseff & Chehade: Brazil will host world event on Internet governance in 2014]

JFC Morfin jefsey at jefsey.com
Wed Oct 9 19:21:49 EDT 2013

At 00:02 10/10/2013, Avri Doria wrote:
>Hi,
>Do I understand correctly: according to this the President of ICANN
>has just agreed with the need for external oversight of ICANN, and
>unnamed other organizations, involved in governance/management of
>the Internet, just as long as it is multistakeholder?

keep cool.

More importantly, "The president of Icann said telecommunications
companies must also attend the conference."They are integral part of
the family with which we must work". It is the statUS-quo pseudoMS
family vs. the UN WSIS (i.e. Montevideo-signatorees to counter the
Dubai-signatorees). One could call this the Snowden devil trap :-)
Telcos on an equal footing now with Govs, ICANN, ISOC and RIRs.
Multilateral was the word, wasn't it?

Will Anatel host the conference?
jfc