[governance] "technical community fails at multistakeholderism". really?

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Wed Oct 9 03:49:24 EDT 2013

On Wednesday 09 October 2013 01:12 PM, parminder wrote:
> OK, John, we can have the oversight function to be "limited to
> judging ICANN on its compliance with its declared processes" (and
> mandate ?)

although there is a significant catch there - that if ICANN can itself
change any or all of its processes and mandate, at any time, then it
really makes no sense for any kind of oversight role, because then all
and absolute power really still fully resides with ICANN - with no
seperation of power, as is required. There has to be some
'constitutional' processes and substantive mandate that is inviolable
and cannot be changed unilaterally by ICANN with regard to which it
will  be 'judged' by whoever has the oversight role...