[governance] DMP} Statement on Process and Objectives for the Global Multistakeholder Meeting on the Future of Internet Governance

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Fri Nov 29 23:39:34 EST 2013

On Saturday 30 November 2013 09:07 AM, Milton L Mueller wrote:

> I like these distinctions and I think they are valid. However all
> three definitions overlook one of the most important aspects of the
> globalization or transnationalization of ICANN: the removal of the
> source of authority from a single national government and the linkage
> of its authority over the DNS root zone file to a global polity.

Agree, Milton... That is the primary issue... However, your/ IGP's
proposal for internationalisation/trans-nationalisation leaves ICANN
full subject to US laws, laws which are made by the US polity and can
anyday be changed by it... Then how does it achieve the key objective
that you state above. What kind of trans-nationalisation is it? I really
dont understand your definition of 'global polity'.

parminder