Let's Get Real Folks--Re: [governance] Re: [bestbits] DISCLOSURE REQUEST Re: Funding Available for Strengthening Civil Society

Gene Kimmelman genekimmelman at gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 16:01:28 EST 2013

I certainly don't want to even begin to try to solve for all the problems
we face.  And I fully understand the outrage at recent revelations, plus
the desire to focus on transparency as a means to build trust.  At the same
time, I myself am happy to "opt in" to a group like Best Bits that seeks to
take concrete steps to address important issues, and of necessity requires
me to trust that others who opt in do so in good faith.  If I find that
faith to be misplaced based on the actions of others, I will be
disappointed and seek another platform to participate on.  In the meantime,
I am comfortable working with the loose coalition of groups that has been
coming together around the Best Bits platform.  And I certainly can
understand that others may make a different decision about participating in
this endeavor.  I'm not sure I see a reason to continue the same
conversation we've had for the last few weeks.  Maybe those who want to
participate in Best Bits as it currently is constituted can do so, and
others can just drop out and quite complaining about it.