[governance] tangential - US - More Market State In Action: Consumers Treated Differently Under the Law Than Businesses

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Fri May 31 09:26:47 EDT 2013

Dear Co-Co's,

Are we really going to have to suffer through multiple completely off-topic
mails by this poster?

Reposting a story about a random mortgage case has nothing to do with IG,
despite the valiant efforts to somehow tie it in.  If anything at all that
happens in the USA can be considered on-topic, then I will be
unsubscribing.  Please let me know ASAP.

On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 8:40 AM, Riaz K Tayob <riaz.tayob at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Pursuant to previous discussions:
>
> - At one level this is normal, on another it implies somewhat a lack  of
> equality in the law, pointing to intimate association of Firms and State in
> the US, relevant on contracting (particularly shrink wrap for eg) and
> consumer liberty, vs corporate liberty as raised by Gurstein on this list
> with the related Ralph Nader article. This is the ecology in which
> Multistakeholderism will operate

no, it is not.

> and consideration of how to balance public interest with corporate ones is
> important.
> - this points to the credibility/legitimacy/plausibility of the
> internationalisation positions of Mueller as well McTim

no, it does not.

--
Cheers,

McTim