[governance] On majority and minority viewpoints (was Re: NET NEUTRALITY AND MORE)

Norbert Bollow nb at bollow.ch
Wed May 29 06:24:54 EDT 2013

I was talking about the rough consensus process defined in the Charter.

In a rough consensus decision, the view of an “overwhelming majority”
prevails over the minority / dissenting view.

This is balanced by the rule that first a serious attempt at trying to
reach a compromise must have been made: “Rough consensus can only be
called after a serious attempt has been made to accommodate minority
points of view.”

Greetings,
Norbert