[governance] NET NEUTRALITY AND MORE

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Tue May 28 11:08:28 EDT 2013

On Tuesday 28 May 2013 07:57 PM, Avri Doria wrote:
> On 28 May 2013, at 15:55, parminder wrote:
>
>> (And we will know if US really is quite ready to had over power, as you say it is....)
> Please do not misquote.
>
> I said I beleive that they want to, but it is not quite time because ICANN is not quite ready.

Ok, my apologies... you mean that US 'wants to' but think ICANN is not
ready... And so entirely in global interest they are not ready to
relinquish oversight power. That is fine, and does not change my arguments.

Meanwhile, can we know how ICANN can be considered ready, and when they
indeed are, to what kind of mechanism would the US willingly hand over
oversight power.

To know such things would for instance be immensely useful for the
proceedings of the WGEC (working group on enhanced cooperation).

parminder