[governance] EFF dispatch from the pro-user picket line outside the closed-door #TPP negotiations in Lima

Riaz K Tayob riaz.tayob at gmail.com
Tue May 21 01:44:10 EDT 2013

This is a wonderful dialectic for governance. On the one hand we have a
BUTOC (bottom up transparent and open etc - although context is
important to put the CIR institutions too easily into this label imho)
and then hardcore secret negotiations on economic issues that are in
effect the same level as dealing with terrorists. Participation,
inclusion, democracy and deliberation take on a qualitatively different
meaning under such dialectics... methinks...