[governance] Request for comment on proposal for IGF multistakeholder opinions

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Sat May 18 13:01:08 EDT 2013

Jeremy

I have been unable to figure out if this is about the Brazil's WTPF
opinion proposal or it is about proposing a plan for IGF making
recommendations. Can you please clarify.

If it is about the Brazilian proposal, would you explain why do you find
this particular issue is of such an outstanding significance over so
many others.... I for one could never clearly understand the intent and
significance of the Brazilian proposal, and I think different players
are making different things of it. I dont see it as very significant
thing and I am happy to let it die or disappear,  I prefer to discuss
issues which have some clarity about them. Brazilian proposal, and its
intent, and different people's take on it, simply do not make clear
sense to me. Taking such a rather unclear issue to the IGF as the first
test of IGF's recommendation making capacity to me doesnt sound as an
exciting idea.  A good issue to test IGF's recommendation capacity will
be such a one which everyone understands in the same way but people
still have different views about it. And something which is really
important. And Brazilian proposal seems to be as one of the worst
candidates. However, I am happy to be explained the meaning and
significance of the Brazilian proposal.

parminder