[governance] [igf_members] MAG Renewal

Jeremy Malcolm jeremy at ciroap.org
Tue May 14 05:52:11 EDT 2013

On 14/05/2013, at 11:04 AM, Roland Perry <roland at internetpolicyagency.com> wrote:

> It's not my place to comment on the quality of the contributions made by individuals (and I have known Nurani for many years in several parts of the ecocystem), rather I was harking back to earlier discussions about the technical and academic community, and whether in WSIS-speak that meant "engineers from the technical and academic community".
>
> If lawyers from the Technical Community are allowed, why not lawyers from the Academic community?

Point taken, but I want to say that I would much rather have Susan representing the technical community than some of the others who have been representing it on the MAG.  I've worked with Susan on TPP advocacy on which she has done some amazing work, and she is a quite a kindred spirit with us compared to her brethren.  For the record, those who haven't stepped down from the MAG since 2006 are Theresa Swineheart, Chris Disspain, Raul Echeberría and Nii Quaynor.

--
Dr Jeremy Malcolm
Senior Policy Officer

WCRD 2013 – Consumer Justice Now! | Consumer Protection Map: https://wcrd2013.crowdmap.com/main | #wcrd2013

@Consumers_Int | www.consumersinternational.org | www.facebook.com/consumersinternational

Read our email confidentiality notice. Don't print this email unless necessary.