[governance] Fwd: [igf_members] MAG Renewal

Suresh Ramasubramanian suresh at hserus.net
Tue May 14 05:46:26 EDT 2013

You will notice the difference between a suggestion, which I can make, and
a "hat on" statement that you can make, and are apparently making now to
tell me what to, and what not to discuss on this list.

Anyway ..

The previous email is merely my opinion - which I have stated before - that
people are perfectly entitled to self identify themselves as belonging to a
particular community, and we can no more question their credentials to
belong, than, say, the ITU, or say an industry advocacy group, can question
the credentials of any who self identify themselves as civil society and/or
as members of this caucus.

Policy experts from the technical community or academia, in this case -
rather than say network engineers, protocol designers or tenured
professors, have a perfect right - and a strong case - to self identify
themselves with their respective communities.

	srs

Norbert Bollow [14/05/13 11:26 +0200]: