[governance] A Caucus/CS meeting in advance of the WGEC? (was Re: Geneva)

Norbert Bollow nb at bollow.ch
Fri May 10 04:58:38 EDT 2013

William Drake <william.drake at uzh.ch> wrote:

> In years past it was the practice before the May meetings to ask who
> is going to be in Geneva when, try to organize a caucus or CS
> meeting, maybe do a joint statement about something, and so on.  Is
> anything along these lines contemplated for this year?  We have stuff
> going on over a four week period:
>
> The WSIS Forum 13-17 May @ ITU
> The WTPF 14-16 May, with a pre-event on the 13th @ the Conference
> Center* The GigaNet Workshop, "The Global Governance of the Internet:
> Intergovernmentalism, Multistakeholderism and Networks" at the
> Graduate Institute, 17-18 May [with wine festivals and other stuff in
> the region the weekend after]
>
> The IGF Open Consultations and MAG meeting 21 to 23 May @ EBU
> [more wine festivals etc the weekend]
>
> The secret WGEC meeting 30 to 31 May @ the Palais
> [no festivals]
>
> The CSTD's 16th Session 03 to 07 June @ the Palais

In view of various constraints, the only time during this period at
which I will available for organizing a Caucus or CS meeting in Geneva
will be on May 30, say 10.00-12.00 or so. (The WGEC meets only in the
afternoon of May 30 and then the whole day on May 31.)

Is there interest in such a meeting at that time? Who would be there
for it?

Greetings,
Norbert