[governance] CSTD WG on Enhanced Cooperation

Izumi AIZU aizu at anr.org
Tue May 7 21:58:52 EDT 2013

I also support Avri's comments on not going to other stakeholders areas,
not because I support the Westphalian model, but more of practical
ways to concentrate on the WG's business. Avri made clear that
she will argue for the openness and most of us also do support that, period.

If by some means the WG as a whole decides to close the door, unfortunately,
then the choice for any member is to stay or leave the WG. I don't think
walking
out before the WG begins because of high principle and process problem
is the most productive way to work in a quasi multi-stakeholder setup such
as
CSTD WG. I was also a member of CSTD WG for improvements of IGF
where the rule of open/close or even the status of gov vs other stakeholder
groups were not that clear, yet we worked together and came to consensus,
maybe, of course that level of consensus is not satisfactory to every member
of the WG as well as most stakeholder groups in their own light.

As Parminder said in early posting, we can and should separate the simple
statement asking for the openness of the WG meetings, and the selection
process issue to advance.

izumi

2013/5/8 joy <joy at apc.org>

> For the avoidance of doubt:
> relates to my bandwidth for this issue, rather than whether or not
> other groups should be transparent etc. There seem to be enough other
> civil society folks interested in pursuing it and by all means those
> who wish to pursue this issue should do so. Given the small number of
> civil society participants, my priority will be to focus on some of
> other substantive issues in the working group. Hence I am not
> interested in pursuing the specific issue of requests for publication
> of the other stakeholders' selection processes.
>

> Joy

> > -----Original Message----- From:
> > governance-request at lists.igcaucus.org
> > [mailto:governance-request at lists.igcaucus.org] On Behalf Of Avri
> > Doria Sent: Monday, May 06, 2013 7:23 AM To: IGC Subject: Re:
> > [governance] CSTD WG on Enhanced Cooperation
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Thank you for calling those you disagree with hypocrites.
> >
> > As far as i am concerned the members of every group are responsible
> > for calling for transparency within their own groups.
> >
> > And what does this have to do with gendered issues (geese,
> > ganders?)
> >
> > avri
> >

> > On 6 May 2013, at 09:41, michael gurstein wrote:
> >
> >> Ah yes, we must insist on openness for the geese but not for the
> >>  ganders or is it vice versa, I'm afraid I always forget in this
> >> piling of hypocrisy upon hypocrisy... or if some find this
> >> statement rather too bald/bold -- we must insist that you do as I
> >> say, not as I do...

> >> -----Original Message----- From:
> >> governance-request at lists.igcaucus.org
> >> [mailto:governance-request at lists.igcaucus.org] On Behalf Of
> >> McTim Sent: Sunday, May 05, 2013 3:23 PM To:
> >> governance at lists.igcaucus.org; joy Subject: Re: [governance] CSTD
> >> WG on Enhanced Cooperation
> >>
> >> On Sun, May 5, 2013 at 6:15 PM, joy <joy at apc.org> wrote:

>      http://www.igcaucus.org/