[governance] democratic processes (was Re: Internet as a commons/ public good)

Roland Perry roland at internetpolicyagency.com
Tue May 7 07:23:21 EDT 2013

In message <20130507012106.3db3d50c at quill.bollow.ch>, at 01:21:06 on
Tue, 7 May 2013, Norbert Bollow <nb at bollow.ch> writes
>“The Internet Governance Forum, in its working and function, will be
>multilateral, multi-stakeholder, democratic and transparent.”

Although Nitin used to consistently claim that because there was no
"membership list" for the IGF it was not possible to conduct any votes.

(I'm not even sure the MAG "does" voting, and even if they did, the MAG
is not the IGF; it's the nearest we have to the IGF's Bureau, to use
intergovernmental language - ie it's the programme committee).
--
Roland Perry