[governance] Introducing WiGiT v0.2; with - open global - public policy inside

Riaz K Tayob riaz.tayob at gmail.com
Tue May 7 02:07:20 EDT 2013

On 2013/05/07 04:51 AM, Lee W McKnight wrote:
> 4) To Parminder, Riaz and other friends feeling a bit frustrated perhaps at limits to forward progress at times...see ps below ; )

Thanks for this Lee. It seems interesting.

Just as a point of modality for engagement, what, we, or precisely I,
find problematic about some of the deliberations is that arguments
evolve and that sometimes a narrative is built from our views that
forces us back time and time again to first principles, rehashing
arguments, and countering more innovative ones to debunk ours. This is
fine and dandy. The problem is that other narratives do not face this
same test of rigour, leaving us at a considerable disadvantage. So this
looks very useful - and in some ways is determined by the technology
itself which is fairly decentred for users - and engagement will be
great. However it cannot replace the need for deepening from our Third
World perspective - for our own sakes, as well as noting that much of
the progressives in the North (not for want of trying) are not up for
the challenge to meet the protection of their own standards. So it is
complicated... but great initiative, lets hope we all can play with you
all...