AW: [governance] Tallin Manual - a Cyber Warfare convention?

Suresh Ramasubramanian suresh at hserus.net
Wed Mar 27 01:13:12 EDT 2013

parminder [27/03/13 10:15 +0530]:
>(1) They are rather non transparent, and non inclusive of outside
>participation

>A UN CIRP (Committee on Internet related Policies) as a space for cross
>cutting discussions on all Internet related policy issues, in a
>manner that is more transparent and has better multistakeholder
>participation than perhaps any comparable body anywhere in the world
>(including OECD, CoE, etc etc), is obviously the appropriate

Seriously? I am afraid I dont find it "obviously appropriate" as an
institutional response. Reality suggests that it most likely is not, and
will be subsumed by other, closed processes.

And meanwhile, even India - which was initially backing this proposal that
has rather limited support among even Indian civil society or industry,
seems to have moved well away from it and is advocating engagement with
ICANN. Where does that leave the proposal, except in an IT4change position
paper or powerpoint deck?

	srs