[governance] Blogpost: Multistakeholderism vs. Democracy: My Adventures in "Stakeholderland"

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Sun Mar 24 11:24:26 EDT 2013

On 24 Mar 2013, at 03:03, parminder wrote:

> I tried to begin putting up some real principles and guidelines for civil society representatives selection. They were written informally, and can do with a lot of corrections. More substantive changes can also be introduced. So please make the required changes or propose a new starting point for developing such guidelines.

I did.  In fact Norbert took me up on my call, to first do an analysis of what we have been doing that looks like, for the most part it is working.  He went further and suggested a review of the Nomcom practices and doing some analysis, perhaps gap analysis (my words not his).

For the rest, I accepted that you were making some fair points, but mentioned that I was uncomfortable in the direction you were heading for reasons I gave.

avri