[governance] Updates

Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com
Fri Mar 22 17:06:21 EDT 2013

Dear All

*Workshop Proposal 1*
*
If anyone is interested in either contributing to Workshop 1 by way of
thoughts or ideas - please let us know. So far we have Ian and Anja who
have volunteered to assist Norbert in this regard.

At the moment, the moderator has yet to be confirmed although discussions
on the Workshop Name and mode are under discussion with all the stakeholder
focal points, namely Anriette E [Civil Society], Ayesha H [Private Sector]
and Constance B [Academic and Technical].

The IGC will be moderating the discussion. Other than issues that have
already been raised on the list, if there are specific issues that you
would like considered or ideas, please let us know so we can effectively
channel them across. We can create a specific mailing list for those within
the IGC who are interested in contributing thoughts and feedback to
Workshop 1 which we can also use for notification of workshop developments.

At the moment, the Workshop format is designed as a Panel Discussion. There
are tentative suggestions of allowing for people to send statements to an
email address or online platform where the issues can be extracted prior to
the Workshop for discussion amongst the Panel.

There is also discussion on how the Working Document can be useful for
things other than the CSTD process. There is some excellent dialogue
between the various focal points on the Workshop and there is time for
tweaking the Draft Proposal.

*On Workshop Proposal 2*

If anyone is interested in either contributing to Workshop 1 by way of
thoughts or ideas - please let us know.  We are also looking for volunteers
to work towards brainstorming in this regard. We have received names of
those who have volunteered and thank you. We may also create a mailing list
to have this discussed as well.

*Other Matters*

On the Issue of the Network Neutrality Proposal, if you have time to put
together a Workshop Proposal  and want the IGC to submit it, there is time
to put it to the IGC for a 48 hour call for consensus. Please send us a
Draft asap so that we can put it to the IGC for their thoughts.

Kind Regards,
Sala

On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 9:28 PM, parminder <parminder at itforchange.net>wrote:

> Thanks all
>
> Good we have got two good workshop proposals from IGC to work on.
>
> (Although not sure why we could nt agree on the propsoed on net neutrality
> - given that it was proposed by IGC as a key policy question for  a man
> session for the MAG meeting in Paris.)
>
> Anyway, can the co-coordinators instruct us what is the process to go
> forward from here. If possible, I/ ITfC would like to participate in
> organising both the workshops. Are we going to do further work here on the
> IGC or in a smaller group.
> Thanks
>
> parminder
>

>  On Thursday 21 March 2013 09:10 PM, Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro wrote:
>
> Dear All,
>
> Given the short deadline, we would like to thank each and everyone of you
> for participating.
>
> Following discussions on the list in relation to Workshop Proposals, two
> Draft Proposals was put to the IGC and a call for consensus issued
> accompanied by reminders. These Draft Proposals are attached.
>
> Noting that the Proposals are still in their Draft form and that where
> there are joint proposals, the form in which the proposals appear *is
> very likely to change* and face improvements. We also note the comments
> in relation to modification - we will be consolidating all feedback in the
> near future.
>
> We thank those of you who have contributed to the discussions and are
> noting all comments and suggestions. To summarise, when we put the Workshop
> Proposals to the IGC and sought a Call for Consensus, we received the
> following response:-
> *
> 27 people participated in the Call for Consensus.
> *
> * Workshop Proposal 1*
> 26 people agreed with the proposal
> 1 person disagreed with the proposal
>
> *Coordinators Summation: CONSENSUS IN FAVOUR*
>
> *Workshop Proposal 2*
> 21 people agreed with the proposal
> 3 people disagreed with the proposal
> 3 people abstained from commenting
> *
> Coordinators Summation: ROUGH CONSENSUS IN FAVOUR*
>
> For a detailed Summary of the Results, please see the Table below:
>

>  Subscribers of IGC
>
> Workshop Proposal 1
>
> Workshop Proposal 2
>
> 1.

> [...]