[governance] CSTD Working Group on Enhanced Cooperation

Adam Peake ajp at glocom.ac.jp
Sun Mar 17 12:27:39 EDT 2013

Hi Norbert,

<http://www.igcaucus.org/charter>

"Duties of Coordinators

The first and most important duty of the coordinator(s) is to
facilitate the discussions and enable the members of the caucus to
reach consensus whenever possible.

In cases where the IGC cannot reach full consensus, the two
coordinators together can make a decision on rough consensus subject
to an appeal as described below.

The coordinators are also responsible for defining and assigning any
other tasks that need to be carried out in support of the caucus such
as list management, web site management or support of other tools.
These decisions will require the advice of the membership and can be
appealed to the appeals team."

Coordinators are named coordinators for a reason.  They are not
representatives, they do not speak on members' behalf (unless to
express agreed positions.)

I suggest you withdraw the statement below.  If you think it's
important, then follow procedures and seek the caucus' support before
sending personal statements with your coordinator "hat" on.

Adam