[governance] COMMENTS SOUGHT: draft letter to ISOC on selection of T&A nominees for CSTD WG on EC

Norbert Bollow nb at bollow.ch
Sun Mar 17 09:02:34 EDT 2013

Adam Peake <ajp at glocom.ac.jp> wrote:

> It's clear that "technical and academic" is a stakeholder group in its
> own right, the UN GA said so:
>
> "21.	Requests the Chair of the Commission on Science and
> Technology for Development to ensure that the working group on
> enhanced cooperation has balanced representation between Governments
> from the five regional groups of the Commission, and invitees from
> all other stakeholders, namely, the private sector, civil society,
> technical and academic communities, and intergovernmental and
> international organizations, drawn equally from developing and
> developed countries;"
>
> World's moved on since Tunis, we should move on with it.

+1

In addition, we need to evaluate whether the way that the world is
changing is acceptable, and if that is not the case, we must advocate
for a change of course. But even in that case, pretending that the
developments since Tunis are somehow irrelevant is not a via viable
path forward.

Greetings,
Norbert