[governance] CSTD Working Group on Enhanced Cooperation

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Sun Mar 17 06:19:08 EDT 2013

Dear Constance,

Thank you for your response. There a few other points i'd like to raise
but for the present, quickly, just the following two.

Good that you clearly state the criteria you used to identify who would
be considered as members of the 'technical and academic community' for
the purpose of selection to the WG on Enhanced Cooperation in the following:

"......community of organizations and individuals who are involved in
the day-to-day operational management of the Internet and who work
within this community." (Constance)

One of the main purposes of our proposed letter to you/ISOC was to
obtain this definition used by you. So thanks again. BTW, this
definition seem not to match the understanding of most people  in our
current discussion on the IGC, but on that later.

Secondly, since you say; "...it is unclear how attacks between different
stakeholder groups can support multistakeholderism." (Constance)

Would you help us to identify what in the proposed draft of the letter,
or even in the recent discussion on the list, do you consider as 'attack
on a stakeholder group'.

Would you, for instance, consider a letter seeking clarity from a UN
body on some process issues, or even raising concerns about some process
issues, as an attack on that UN body, or on governments generally? IGC
has often done such things.

Best regards, parminder