[governance] COMMENTS SOUGHT: draft letter to ISOC on selection of T&A nominees for CSTD WG on EC

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Fri Mar 15 23:59:56 EDT 2013

It's a fine letter if what we want to accomplish is to piss off our
natural allies in the WG.

IG should be done (and is done in the Technical Community) by
coordination, collaboration and cooperation.  This letter is none of
those things.

It's bad strategy, bad politics and the only thing it will do is
provoke another SG group.

If we do send this letter, then logically, we must also send a letter
to the biz folk asking them to abide by the same process.  While we
are at it, we should insist that the govs pick folk in the same way!

We learned of the CS process 2 days ago, and while I think it was well
done, I hardly think it should be held up as a model of openness and
transparency (since we only learned of it after it had finished).

The bottom line is that they aren't going to change their minds about
who they pick, no matter how much we hold our breath and stomp our
feet!

--
Cheers,

McTim