[governance] China's next-generation internet is a world-beater - tech - 10 March 2013 - New Scientist

michael gurstein gurstein at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 10:29:44 EDT 2013

John,

I couldn't agree with you more of the need for one Internet and the
technical requirements to maintain this. but for the seriousness with which
these matters are being taken and the likelihood of whether or not niceties
of "conflicting standards or processes" would be maintained under currently
perceived conditions take a look at  (WSJ) "WASHINGTON-The nation's top
spies warned Tuesday of the rising threat of cyberattacks to national and
economic security, comparing the concern more directly than before to the
dangers posed by global terrorism."

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB20001424127887323826704578356182878527280.ht
ml

Mike