[governance] China's next-generation internet is a world-beater - tech - 10 March 2013 - New Scientist

Nick Ashton-Hart nashton at ccianet.org
Wed Mar 13 06:56:07 EDT 2013

Candidly, at least with respect to my comments, I don't see any connection between the below and what I offered...

As to the idea that multilateral treaties are negotiated in a more open way: my experience is that this is more virtual than real. Sure, there may be more plenaries where accredited observers can see what is said, and sometimes make interventions, but the hard negotiations are almost always behind closed doors. Negotiating treaties - of any kind - between governments is not meant to be an open process and is unlikely ever to be fully so.