[governance] IGF 2013 Preliminary Call for Workshops Proposals

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Mon Mar 11 00:29:36 EDT 2013

On Monday 11 March 2013 04:31 AM, Robert Guerra wrote:
> 12 days notice for the international community to put together
> proposals for a - if not the - leading Internet Governance meeting is
> very, very short notice.

I fully agree. I dont understand what is the hurry when the next meeting
of MAG is more than 2 months away. People take time to come up with
ideas, discuss and pass them internally in their organisations, and
perhaps with partners and networks....

> At the recent consultation in Paris I was surprised to be the only one
> who raised the issue that it was too short a timeline. Utterly
> surprised others didn't raise the issue.
>
> I sincerely hope that the MAG and IGF secretariat will revisit what
> is, in effect, a deadline that makes it effectively impossible for new
> comers to know about the call for workshop proposals and submit one in
> time.

Although they have a different deadline for newcomers.... which is all a
very twisted unnecessarily complex logic , the purpose of which is not
too clear.

Perhaps MAG members here can help us understand this.

parminder