[governance] CCIA Endorses indefinite extension of LDC's compliance obligations for TRIPS

Nick Ashton-Hart nashton at ccianet.org
Mon Mar 4 08:22:10 EST 2013

Dear governance list colleagues,

Since I know some of you also are concerned with public health and IP issues, you may be interested to know that today, CCIA has made a press statement that it endorses the call of LDCs for an indefinite deferral for full implementation of the TRIPS Agreement.  You can find the press release online here. I believe - please correct me if I am wrong - that we are the first trade association to do this. I hope more follow.

There is also an OpEd from me in IP Watch further elaborating on why we have done this available here.

My apologies in advance if this does not interest you and/or you see it as off-topic.

--
Regards,

Nick Ashton-Hart
Geneva Representative
Computer & Communcations Industry Association (CCIA)
Tel: +41 (22) 5349945
Fax: : +41 (22) 594-85-44
Mobile: +41 79 595 5468
USA Tel: +1 (202) 640-5430