[governance] Fwd: PRISM - is it about the territorial location of data or its legal ownership

Ian Peter ian.peter at ianpeter.com
Mon Jun 24 17:13:30 EDT 2013

I think one point here is whether any of the companies actually challenged in court any of the rulings or requests for data, and to my knowledge they did not. This suggests that either they were too scared of the government to challenge the rulings, or they were in political agreement with them.

In either case, their standing as responsible global corporations has suffered significantly and justifiably.

Ian Peter