[governance] Fwd: PRISM - is it about the territorial location of data or its legal ownership

Marie GEORGES marie.georges at noos.fr
Mon Jun 24 10:16:37 EDT 2013

OF course and there are many other long standing principles relating to applicable law and I showed you one case in which US accepted not to apply the "sovereignty" principle to data on its territory because the activity at stake, except "processing of related data", had nothing to do with US

Other example, even if the Data Protection law is a "public order" law in EU, EU decided  not to apply the DP directive of 1995 to  data only "in transit" ....