[governance] RE: [webwewant] Surveillance discovered in Brazil

Chaitanya Dhareshwar chaitanyabd at gmail.com
Sat Jun 22 10:46:36 EDT 2013

And having it before the "enemy" - which may be another corporation,
country, political party, ad infinitum. And they may have a "better" intel
(pardon the pun) device so its natural we'd want to upgrade paying a couple
of mil every few months.

Reminds me of the classic Star Trek "Arsenal of Freedom" - where this alien
species in the business of weapon trade sells to both sides of warring
factions. Finally their own weapons get so powerful and sophisticated that
they not only wipe out their creators, they also "hard sell" themseleves to
visitors (by effectively holding the visitors captive and calling it a
'demonstration'). ref: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arsenal_of_Freedom

-C