[governance] Perspectives (was Re: Fwd: And Now the Second Battle of the Internet)

Suresh Ramasubramanian suresh at hserus.net
Mon Jun 17 09:49:57 EDT 2013

Applause.

--srs

-------- Original message --------
From: "Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro" <salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com>
Date: 06/17/2013  5:54 PM  (GMT+05:30)
To: governance at lists.igcaucus.org,Norbert Bollow <nb at bollow.ch>
Subject: Re: [governance] Perspectives (was Re: Fwd: And Now the Second Battle of the Internet)

For the record, I am from Fiji which is defined as a small island developing state. I refuse to be labelled as a Third Worldist because in doing this I accept that there is a First World, Second World etc. I refuse to have my identity defined through this means. This does not mean that I do not recognise that there are diverse contexts and markets as there is diversity of region, markets and I also recognise that context shapes meaning.

Sala

(not in my coordinator capacity)