[governance] Does it matter which legal system ICANN operates under?

Roland Perry roland at internetpolicyagency.com
Sat Jun 15 11:49:35 EDT 2013

In message <51BAE16D.8010909 at gmail.com>, at 12:25:01 on Fri, 14 Jun
2013, Riaz K Tayob <riaz.tayob at gmail.com> writes
>The issue is that democratic discussion on this matter has been blocked
>in some obvious and devious means. This invites bad faith, whether
>others think this is justified or not. This is an impediment that I
>hope the likes of you and Curran, Perry, Roland, etc can accomodate
>instead of what we have had, and which I characterise as 'wild west
>cowboy' management of this issue

That's a little unfair in that I (both of me) are only contributing here
to enhance discussion, and also bring to the table some historical
recognition of the enormous amount of discussion that many of the issues
have had over the years. I have a feeling that John (Curran) has much
the same motive [this is not just idle speculation, we worked quite
closely together for many years].
--
Roland Perry