[governance] Re:Racismo étnico

Chaitanya Dhareshwar chaitanyabd at gmail.com
Fri Jun 14 23:02:52 EDT 2013

Noting Jose's message here in English for those who're unable to read/use a
translator

*"Is this practicing ethnic racism? Such attacks should not be allowed on
this list (or any other).

It only serves to belittle and intimidate the person, and it detracts
from their
free membership participation in discussions and debates on this list.

I'm originally from a developing country, also known as the Third World, and
I am proud of my ethnicity and my home.

It strikes me that as members of this list highly prepared, cognitively and
culturally still remains in some aspects of racial segregation"*

FYI Jose fair few of us are from what you'd call a "third world" or
"developing" country. So when a smiley like ":)" is used next to the term
it's because it's usually intended as a joke, not as a serious
insult/racism.

Best,
Chaitanya