[governance] Asking the U.S. government to allow Google to publish more national security request data

Norbert Bollow nb at bollow.ch
Wed Jun 12 21:24:04 EDT 2013

Am Wed, 12 Jun 2013 13:20:43 -0400
schrieb McTim <dogwallah at gmail.com>:

> On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 12:52 PM, parminder
> <parminder at itforchange.net> wrote:
> >
> > McTIm, what you are talking about is entirely a different matter,
> > and nothing to do with PRISM which pried on actual content of non
> > US ians
>
> well to be precise, the NSA has been doing this for decades.  PRISM
> being a supposedly 20M USD program can do nothing of that sort.

I tend to think that among those who know and understand what is
going on, the name “PRISM” probably is not used to refer to any
intelligance gathering programme, but rather to some kind of unified
web platform that provides an interface to information gathered by
various means (some of which probably involve “national security
letters”). The information gathering programmes themselves are probably
much more expensive.

Greetings,
Norbert

--
Recommendations for effective and constructive participation in IGC:
1. Respond to the content of assertions and arguments, not to the person