[governance] Is 'tit for tat' all that can be accomplished?

michael gurstein gurstein at gmail.com
Tue Jun 11 06:35:22 EDT 2013

Nick,

Unfortunately there doesn`t seem to be even the most minimal agreement on
this list concerning the nature of the public interest with respect to the
Internet and Internet Governance (or even if there is a public interest with
respect to Internet Governance). It has thus proven to be fundamentally
impossible to ``do something productive``.

Going forward, without some clear response from those who have in the past
been either designated or self-designated spokespersons for the `technical
community` within the IGC and IGF it would appear similarly impossible to
determine whether there is an agreement sufficient to move forward
concerning the most recent revelations.

That this is the case concerning, as I said earlier, the most significant
issue to arise concerning the Internet and it`s ``governance`` since the
inception of the Internet is to my mind truly and sadly astonishing.

Mike