[governance] FW: [IP] Edward Snowden missing, presumed on the run.

Lee W McKnight lmcknigh at syr.edu
Mon Jun 10 21:58:12 EDT 2013

Curiouser and curiouser.

Five days ago the NSA leaks start to be published in the Guardian; on Saturday Obama and Xi Jinping are talking cybersecurity in US; on Sunday Snowden introduces himself from Hong Kong. And now....?

Either I'm paranoid; China's seriously flexing cybermuscles tit for tat for the Mandiant etc report on the People's Liberation Army online activities from the spring; or Snowden already has a great publicist and timed his whistle-blowing to perfection.

(And relevance to Internet governance: well, if I have to explain that...  )

Of course I only know what I read online, so take my 2 cents commentary for what it's worth.

Lee