[governance] Our own worst enemies??

Mawaki Chango kichango at gmail.com
Mon Jun 10 09:33:00 EDT 2013

Assuming those born in or around 1990 are digital natives, it was my
masters students two years ago or so who made me realize that the younger
generations are even more skeptical than I myself was then. It seemed to be
a common pattern among them to give false personal information online; they
only provided their real information when they really can't do otherwise
given the nature of the service (banking, buying with a credit card which
some were still reluctant doing even though it's more and more difficult to
stay away from it.) And I'm talking about  American students: they seemed
to me even more skeptical than, say, their Indian fellows (but I realize
that may just be the result of the former being more outspoken than the
latter.)

Mawaki