[governance] FW: [IP] NSA has direct access to tech giants' systems for user data, secrAnet files reveal | World news | guardian.co.uk

Norbert Bollow nb at bollow.ch
Mon Jun 10 03:51:21 EDT 2013

Michael,
  given that the Patriot Act requires US companies and their daughter
companies worldwide to honor (without any effective checks and balances)
privacy-infringing information demands from the US government (even when
doing so is against local laws), repealing the Patriot Act will IMO
indeed remove one major global problem.

Greetings,
Norbert

Am Fri, 7 Jun 2013 18:56:57 -0400
schrieb "michael gurstein" <gurstein at gmail.com>:

> I can see how that would possibly be useful to US folks but I can't
> see how it does much for the other 1.2 billion or so non-USian
> Internet users.

Recommendations for effective and constructive participation in IGC:
1. Respond to the content of assertions and arguments, not to the person
2. Be conservative in what you send, be liberal in what you accept