[governance] NSA has direct access to tech giants' systems for user data, secret ppt reveals

Marilia Maciel mariliamaciel at gmail.com
Fri Jun 7 17:48:46 EDT 2013

If the information is false, the companies will certainly take legal action
(not just PR) to clear their names and will seek compensation for damages.
Specially because they are US based, which would make it easier. Only a
totally transparent judicial review could possibly settle this case. At
this point, even if the US gov apologized or said the story is not true
(which they did not), the doubts would still remain. Would they be truly
apologizing? Would they be trying to hush up the story not to lose the
whole alleged scheme? I don't see how companies could possibly make amends
if they are truly clean on all that.

Anyway, it is a case of major concern, I hope we as an international
coalition follow it as closely and mobilize ourselves as strongly as if it
was a case related to China or Iran. In fact, if the case proves to be
solid, the consequences would go much beyond national surveillance.

It seems Anonymous has published some related documents today:
http://gizmodo.com/anonymous-just-leaked-a-trove-of-nsa-documents-511854773

MarĂ­lia