[governance] Revised Draft IGC Statement #DRM in HTML5

Roland Perry roland at internetpolicyagency.com
Thu Jun 6 09:35:14 EDT 2013

In message
<CAJwbTiAEChjGNCrqBu0b+ud5eoms3w32WcDDG+Qswvearn6L3A at mail.gmail.com>, at
02:50:36 on Thu, 6 Jun 2013, Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro
<salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com> writes
>Roland and Avri raised some very interesting points that deserve
>discussion.

What I don't understand (to use a bricks-and-mortar analogy, and I've
never believed that "online" was fundamentally not part of the real
world) is why having to pay $50 [which I have] to see a performance of
Starlight Express on Broadway means that my local brass band[1] is
somehow prevented from giving a performance in the park on a Sunday
afternoon, completely free of charge.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brass_band#British-style
--
Roland Perry