[governance] IGF Cancelled

Robert Guerra rguerra at privaterra.org
Fri Jul 26 09:24:18 EDT 2013

Agree with Anriette's assessment to wait for official news before jumping on the "igf bali got cancelled bandwagon"

suffice it to say - the situation is a complex one. The govt. is week, internal indonesian politics that are at play. Sources familiar with Indonesia tell me that the ICT minister is involved in a scandal and likely will be sacked when ramadan ends. The news could be seen as a manoeuvre to raise attention and help with fundraising..

What we need to look for are statements from the Indonesian president's office and/or the IGF secretariat on the status.

Prudent planners are also looking at contingencies - ie having the event take place elsewhere - but, crossing fingers that won't happen.

Will keep folks updated

Robert
--
R. Guerra