[governance] IGF Cancelled

Suresh Ramasubramanian suresh at hserus.net
Fri Jul 26 03:37:06 EDT 2013

Thanks, Anriette

My original suggestion was to use this currently identified funding for a separate civil society and multistakeholder driven event.

The IGF will come back later this year or the next, whenever a country agrees to host it.

However, in the interest of avoiding such an ugly situation there must be a formal RFP process with indicative cost heads that countries / local groups willing to host an IGF must be aware of.  Not like now, where it is more like someone offering to buy the next round of drinks for his friends at the local pub, and then discovers that they all ordered 16 year old single malts.

	srs