[governance] Re: [IRPCoalition] Domino effect starts: Vigilantismo: Gov. do Rio emite Decreto p/ solicitação de registros telefônicos e de Internet

Norbert Bollow nb at bollow.ch
Thu Jul 25 14:24:13 EDT 2013

Parminder <parminder at itforchange.net> wrote:

> I think much can come out of a focussed and sustained normative
> discussion

I strongly agree on the importance of organizing such a discussion.

> - that can really only takes place when some kind of real
> policy making is possible, even imminent - on the new issues that
> face us today.

I don't understand this part of the assertion. Isn't the degree to
which policy making is possible and desirable part of what needs to
be discussed, and shouldn't the choices that lead to such policy
making being imminent or not depend on the outcome of the discussion?

Greetings,
Norbert

--
Recommendations for effective and constructive participation in IGC:
1. Respond to the content of assertions and arguments, not to the person